Why Consider Doing a First Look
Should you have a first look? Are you still trying to decide what is best for you? If so, we would love to tell you why we think first looks are a fantastic addition to your wedding day!
Here are a few things to keep in mind if you are on the fence about including the First Look in your wedding plans:
1. You can react however you want! When you walk down the aisle, you will be in front of your family and closest friends – although, it is easy to zero in on the moment that you first step into your groom’s sight, the subconscious is very aware that everyone is watching. During a first look, it’s just the two of you – emotional reactions are not broadcasted to everyone so you can be 100% comfortable with just being with each other in the moment. Bring on the tears and “you look amazing’s” – you can be as loud or quiet as you want when you are not standing in front of hundreds of people.
2. It’s a time saver. After the ceremony, you’ll only have family formals left (unless you are REALLY good at coordinating before!) and then you can spend the rest of the time enjoying and celebrating with the people who have always been there for you, yours guests.
3. You will be looking your absolute best. Although you will be glowing the entire night, you know you will be feeling your best RIGHT after your hair and makeup has been finalized and your soon-to-be husband will be absolutely handsome – tie or bowtie still intact!
4. Things happen. Wedding days are hectic and we are trying to fit so many amazing things into 8-10 hours! It is always better to have your portraits done early in the best light possible! Once the ceremony is over, the rest of the night will fly by – so getting the portraits out of the way early, ensures that you get all of the photos and footage you want while maximizing your time with your guests later on. The last thing that you want is an entire nighttime portrait session!
5. You get to spend more time with your new husband. Think about it. You start getting ready with your bridesmaids at 10 AM, but the ceremony isn’t until 4 or 5 PM, the reception will end promptly at 11 PM. Yikes! That means by the time the ceremony is over, you’ll only actually spend time with your new husband for less than half of the day PLUS you also have to spend time with EVERY other wedding guest you invited. The first look gives you an extra hour or two of JUST you two, so then you won’t feel like you didn’t even get a chance to see each other outside of the formalities during the day!
6. You get the best of both worlds. Not only do you get to walk down the aisle towards your groom starring adoringly at you in front of your guests, but you also will be able to share your first wedding moments intimately with just the two of you.
Just to recap, here are the benefits to having a first look:
▪ Private setting
▪ You are looking your best!
▪ Less stress
▪ Time saved
▪More time together
▪ Looks AMAZING on photo and video
We hold strongly to the belief that your day should be about you and while we do recommend having a first look, ultimately it comes down to what you are comfortable with. We are there to capture YOUR memories, your story and provide you with the best advice along the way.
All Rights Reserved. No part of this article may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever, including Internet usage, without written permission from Chad Andreo Productions/Andreo Studio Photo + Cinema.